Decide on 3D viewer for viewing DEM products in our eoxc client - DEM-026
- The task is to add a 3D viewer option for our eoxc client with "sensible default of 3d functionality"
- zoom in/out, pan, control “camera position” and “viewing direction”, and select perspective projection.
- One of the candidates is using Cesium.js via https://openlayers.org/ol-cesium/
- COGs are natively not yet supported in cesium https://github.com/CesiumGS/cesium/issues/6332
- In current form (Because COGs are not supported yet) it feels much easier to use Digitized mesh terrain format used in Cesium - see #82 (closed)
- are there really any alternatives for inbrowser 3D map viewing? - swisstopo also uses cesium for https://map.geo.admin.ch/?layers=ch.swisstopo.swissnames3d&lon=8.24528&lat=46.04722&elevation=87928&heading=360.000&pitch=-44.188
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information